Thread: Need a good DVR software

Need a good DVR software

Hi,
    I have a DVR camera added to my Media server. Now I want sync video from the DVR camera to media server to my pc. The camera will record a small gathering occasion. It is important that the output quality must be good. I need a good DVR media surveillance software. Which can be best one for this purpose. And what more features does it will offer.

Re: Need a good DVR software

According to me Argus DVR is the fine for you. It is a fully functional DVR software that provides scheduled, continuous or active motion video recording. The best thing about the software is that you can add as many numbers of cameras you want and then view there screen on thumbnail mode. It offers zoom in and out on the camera view with time and date on image. A password protection ability is added up for more safety. The software starts recording automatically if the system reboots after a power failure.

You can try Freevo. It is a HTPC solution software that helps a use to record all type of media collection. You can manage a large number of didoes, music and images under it. The features of this software is that is works on multiple platforms like Linux, OSX and windows. It supports many tuners which can be used to watch programs, supports all types of audio formats, etc.

Try MythTV for the same. It is a set of many applications that can help you to build you own home media and work on it. It is a HTPC solution software which work on multiple platforms. As full media center support it offers you more additional features like capture video from multiple video capturing device, multiple audio support, etc.