Thread: Contact database

Contact database

hi,

I am just frustrated with my system now.
    I dont have an idea how do you guys maintain your contact database but its being out of my understanding.
    Every time my machine gets a virus & I need to format it. I cant even get a chance to take a backup of all y contacts like phonebook, email ids, addresses & all.
    I really need a software that will enable me to just import my contacts from mail clients & easy to update with the other required details that I can sync with my mobile phone outlook, etc.

What I am really looking for is a software that can safely let me integrate the contacts & save them securely on some website or I just attach a file to my email address.

Is there any good software available to do the things easily without any headache?

Thanks,

Re: Contact database

If you are using Outlook then you can try the tool provided by Outlook 2007.

Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager: Database Admin Tool

Brief Description

Users of Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 may want to install the Business Contact Manager database on a remote server which is not running Office 2007. This tool, when run on a server, allows users to create, share and administer databases for use with Business Contact Manager.

This tool allows administrators to host Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 database on a computer on which Microsoft Office 2007 and Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 are not installed. Once installed on a server, this tool will allow user to:

- Create and backup Business Contact Manager 2007 databases. To create a database, user must be the local administrator.
    - Restore databases from Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007, Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003 and Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003 (Update).
    - Share Business Contact Manager databases to other users on a local network.

It will ensure that necessary firewall ports are opened, that users are granted permission to the database, and that the SQL instance is configured to allow external connections. These operations will require the user be a local administrator.

Download it here:

Well I know that when you loose your data it really sucks.
    I would suggest you to just Google for contact database for phonebook & emails.
    I am quite sure that you will get a lot of results with the freeware software's too on Google.
    You can try anyone of then according to our likes & preferences.

I hope that you found a good freeware tool to organize your contact database.

Thanks for your replies guys.
    But I am actually looking for a tool that can import my email ids from various email services like yahoo, gmail, rediffmail, msn, hotmail etc.

Now in addition to this I want to save the phone numbers from my phone book & addresses to every possible contact in just a simple file like excel with name, contact details, phone numbers email ids etc.

I hope now I have clearly mentioned what I need from you guys.
    Thanks again for replying to my question.