Thread: Open MOV file with Virtual DUB

Open MOV file with Virtual DUB

Hi,
    I want to open a mov file in Virtual Dub. I had tried to do so but it not recognizing the format. As it is a powerful editor I want to use it. I came to know that it is a free ware program and designed for linux. So does it supports Windows also. I think it cannot read a quick time file and also mpeg. I receive packet sync error what does that means.

Re: Open MOV file with Virtual DUB

Virtual Dub does not support Vob file. The best way to open the file is to install avisynth. After installing you can avisynth you can open the mov file in it. It is a quicktime file format which is unreadable by Virtual Dub. It is a freeware tool. To enable mov in Virtual Dub you will have to type the source code of it in the notepad and then save it as .avs format. Hope then this can help out.

It is a video capture and processing service. It comes in both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows Platform. The software is licensed under GNU which is a open source and free to use. It has powerful batch processing abilities for processing a numerous amount of files. You cannot open a mov file in it. Because it did not support it. The only solution you can do is add avisynth in your system.

Virtual Dub can only read a mpeg2, real media or as file. And if you try to install then it is not confirmed that it will help. It only reads a mpeg1 file but you cannot edit it. Packet Sync error comes under two conditions. The first on is that if Virtual Dub does not support MOEG2 and the second time when MPEG1 file is corrupted.