Thread: Utility to burn in a hard drive

Utility to burn in a hard drive

Hello Guys,

I like to know whether it is available or not to burn in a hard drive What I looking for is something that can put a load on a new hard drive so that if it has a tendency to become fatal, it would hopefully expose that off the bat? Ive heard about such a application somewhere but can't find it now.Looking for nice suggestions

thank you.

Re: Utility to burn in a hard drive

Better you can go for a testing that would possibly put as much load on it. It says working OCCT, and something graphics intensive, like 3d mark or something along with those stuff, at the same time.You also require a monitoring application to assess if the rails are stable, or drop, and that depends on which motherboard you have.

It is true that many simpler disk checking utilities generally handle the hard disk as a full usable data disk.Genuinely,each hard drive has more good sectors on it than it's requirement for its stated capacity.If it finds a weak sector, it copies the data to one of the spare sectors, marks the doubtful one as "no good and never use again", and substitutes the new good section for the old one.Real raid controllers will start scavenging sectors after 3-15 seconds of idle time to look for errors and handle them proactively. so you don't hit those 30+ second remaps under load.i was wondering myself if there was an app that did this.create a copy of the whole drive.Now do a read/write test on the current data set.do a government grade sector wipe on unused sectors.probably would keep your drive remap free and not expose your system to damage if the drive freaks out on a bad sector.

It Seems to me you can use your burning application to create a CD from the iso, boot the computer from that CD and either the drive utility will run, or can be run from a command line.Additionally, if you provide some more information of what you are requiring to do with the utility and what the actual Iso file is that you have from hard drive, we may be able to offer some further help.