Thread: Problem With Spybot Search & Destroy on 64 Bit Vista System

SADIQ Guest

Problem With Spybot Search & Destroy on 64 Bit Vista System

Hello,

I have a new system that is running Vista 64-Bit.I installed Spybot 1.6.0.30 on it, however, I did get an error message.But i installed, and I updated it and it is working. However, at the starting, all it did was give me step 3 of 7 to back up my Registry, and then went right to the application. I uninstalled it and then re-installed it again, to see the same things. I would have to uninstall it and then reinstall it again to see what the error message was.Has anyone experience with similar issue?

thanks goes to any help..!!

Re: Problem With Spybot Search & Destroy on 64 Bit Vista System

It could also be that your having virus and it is stopping spybot.Try rebooting to safemode and run it from there.You could also reboot to safemode with networking and get the program Malwarebytes .Install it. Update it and then do a full scan in safemode.My recent experiences with Spybot failing to complete scans have all been tied to Virtumondo.H so far. My best advice is to download Combofix, rename it, and then run it before any other removal tool.

Yeah it definitely sounds like an incompatibility issue under Windows Vista.Download this new SDUpdate.exe. extract the downloaded archive into the main application folder (usually C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\) and replace the old file with the new one.If this does not help go to your SDUpdate.exe file in your program folder: C:\Program Files\ Spybot - Search & Destroy\ Rightclick the file and choose properties.opt the tab compatibilty.There activate the checkbox in front of "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select from the drop down menu "WindowsXP". apply those changes

There are only a couple of routine issues working combofix under Vista that I'm aware of.You definitely have to run it in safe mode as administrator.or use "Run as an administrator" every time while start SSD on x64 system. Secondly, it has frequent but sporadic problems playing nicely with Windows Defender, so you should disable Defender. Finally, Combofix won't run on 64 bit Vista.Otherwise, it should perform just like it does in XP.