Thread: Does Nero 9 supports 16x burning speed

Does Nero 9 supports 16x burning speed

Does Nero 9 can burn a disc at speed of 16x. I have some disc and need to burn them quickly. My DVD writer supports the 16x speed. What is the difference between high speed burning and slow speed burning. I had studied that slow burning disc give more quality disc. If I burn them at 16x or 24x then does my DVD quality will reduce.

Re: Does Nero 9 supports 16x burning speed

It is true that a disc quality depends on the basis of the speed it is burned. The speed determines the quality and durability of the burning. The high speed burning creates more errors in the disc directly. The thing you have to see that the data is added in the digital form. When the disc is burned slowly the detection and decoding of data is carried on properly. But when you give a high speed the main task is to burn the data as early as possible ignoring errors and flaws.

I had not seen that Nero 9 supports 16x speed. The list in which the speed is selected the last is 8x and then it is set to Maximum. So if you give maximum Nero will ensure to burn the disc at a maximum speed and ignore errors. I will recommend you to burn the disc at 4x or maximum 8x speed. Because when the disc is burn slowly then the interface of Nero ensures that minimum error should be written on the disc.

Here is some tips by which you can use the settings to increase your burning speed. Go to start menu > control panel. Then click on Administrative tools and in the service list disable the IMAPI CD burning COM services. This will increase the speed. But Nero 9 normally does not supports the 16x speed. It will use the Maximum speed to burn disc.