Thread: No sound after converting a video

No sound after converting a video

I am having a major issue with my mpeg videos. First when I try to burn the disc by Nero I got error as invalid compliance error. And the process fails. But after some time I burned it back again. I divided it to 2 disc. But whats the result. The movies is muted. There is no audio in the movie. Then I left the disc and convert them in MKV. Same issue. The files were first in .avi format. Then I converted them to mpeg to get a better quality. Help me to sort this issue out.

Re: No sound after converting a video

Have you checked properly that your sound was working when you were conversion. This can be a decoding error. Now first ensure that when your are burning the disc Nero again transcodes the disc in readable format. Leave Nero. Use AnyDVD tool or DVD Decrypter. I prefer AnyDVD. Import the movie in it and then burn directly. Normally what happens that Nero Recode reduces the quality of video files. Why this happens because Nero makes a disc which should play in all common players and computers. But you want a mpeg disc. So try AnyDVD for this purpose.

First decide what you want to do. In which format does you want the disc. The MKV container ignore the corrupt video and audio and gives you the output of data which is available. The conversion tools not only convert the formats to different but also try to fix the errors in a file. Due to this they ignore the bad part and assemble the working one. Some tools will directly give you error and stop working. But some will give you result. I am using AVISynth to create MKV files. It is a great splitter also.

Lets works from the starting. Do you have your .avi files still with your. Then the issue has started from there. You have done a improper mpeg conversion because of which the sound does not comes out. Now you will need VirtualDub for this. Open Virtual Dub and click on File > Open Video. If you get a error then it means that you have a improper encoded file. Then try this go to top menu Audio > Direct Stream copy. Enable the option. In the same way enable the option in Video. Then go Save as the save the file as .avi format. Now the resultant file will give you a good sound.