Thread: Zoostorm Intel Core 2 Duo Blu-ray desktop

unsure Zoostorm Intel Core 2 Duo Blu-ray desktop

Good Afternoon.

I recently purchased the above Desktop PC.
    I tried to install a Wireless Adaptor, and the system crashed.. Upon reboot, it displayed the error message "Cannot find operating System".

Because of this, I contacted the helpdesk who sent me a recovery CD, which I have now ran, and installed, but still keep getting the above error message......

Any ideas?

Ta!

Re: Zoostorm Intel Core 2 Duo Blu-ray desktop

Cause :-
    The error message "Cannot find Operating System" can be caused by hard disk drive failure, incorrect BIOS settings, a damaged or missing Master Boot Record (MBR), or an incorrect active partition.

Resolution :-
    To resolve this, you need to correct the BIOS settings of your computer, use the Windows XP Recovery Console, or mark the correct partition on your hard disk drive as active.

Cause : This issue may occur if one or more of the following conditions are true:
    • The basic input/output system (BIOS) does not detect the hard disk.

• The hard disk is damaged.

• Sector 0 of the physical hard disk drive has an incorrect or malformed master boot record (MBR).

Note Some third-party programs or disk corruption can damage an MBR.

• An incompatible partition is marked as Active.

• A partition that contains the MBR is no longer active.

Solution : Verify the BIOS settings

Verify the computer's BIOS settings to make sure that BIOS lists and recognizes the hard disk. See the computer documentation or contact the hardware manufacturer for information about how to verify the BIOS settings.

After you verify that the computer's BIOS detects the hard disk, restart the computer, and then test to determine whether the issue is resolved. If the issue is not resolved, or if the computer's BIOS cannot detect the hard disk, you may have issues with your hardware. Contact the hardware manufacturer to inquire about how to resolve this issue. You may have to replace the hard disk.

recovery CD can not install windows it is use for recovery purpose so try to run safe mode also try to scan disk with chkdisk ..

Sounds very much like your CMOS battery is dead - that would cause your machine to lose the hard drive settings when powered off.

I thought that these might be the possible reasons, however pressing F8 on boot doesn't seem to have any affect.

Quote Originally Posted by adey31uk View Post
    I thought that these might be the possible reasons, however pressing F8 on boot doesn't seem to have any affect.
    Press 'Del' to enter setup. Do you see anything like that? Enter 'Del' key to enter bios setup make changes and fress F10 to save and exit...