Thread: What is a DAT File?

What is a DAT File?

I need information about .dat file. Can any one tell me what is a .dat file? I have many .dat file on my computer but i don't know how to use them. Any software to convert them?

Re: What is a DAT File?

Generic data file created by a specific application and typically accessed only by that application; If you are facing problem while opening data files with the extension you may need to scan your pc. Other types of files that use the DAT extension include VCD video files and some email program file attachments. DAT you may not have the appropriate program installed or, you may have registry errors.There is no specific structure for a .DAT file. You can use an editor like EditPad Pro to look inside a .DAT file and possible determine its contents and relationship with a program. A file with the DAT file extension is a Data file.

The easiest way to open a DAT file is to double-click on it and let your PC decide which default application should open the file.Microsoft Visual Studio, Corel WordPerfect, Nero ShowTime, Nullsoft Winamp, SoftVelocity Clarion, Ontrack EasyRecovery create, open, or reference DAT files.

Xilisoft Video Converter is a powerful video conversion tool, extremely easy to use. It can convert between almost all popular video formats including DVD, VCD, SVCD, MOV, RM, AVI, MPEG, WMV, MPEG1/2/4, 3GP, h264, Xvid etc, and also convert video files to all popular audio files such as MP2, MP3, AC3, RA, M4A, OGG, AAC etc. Compared with other similar software, Xilisoft Video Converter has many additional features.
    Download Xilisoft Video Converter