Thread: Outlook 2003 attachments are slow to open

Outlook 2003 attachments are slow to open

Hello friends,

I using Outlook 2003 from days i am facing some problems like whenever i am trying to open an attachment from an email which consist of pdf, image, excel, word, PowerPoint or any other files getting open very slow as compared to early i don't know what would be the issue in it. Does anyone is facing such kind of issue ?

Outlook attachments opens very slow

It might happen that your sent items folder might have got full because of which your emails are opening slow and at the same time also clear Outlook Secure Temp Folder for that you need to first close your Outlook and then click on start - - . Run and type %temp% and press enter over here a window Explorer would get open. In the Folder list at the left, locate Temporary Internet folders, which should be right below Temp. Click on the plus sign to the left of Temporary Internet Folders and locate a folder whose name stars with OLK. Right-click on this folder and choose Delete option. Now restart Outlook and try again.

I was also facing such kind of issue I try to turn off the attachment previewers is on or off. To turn off this feature you need to follow the below steps:-

1. In Outlook, goto Tools menu, click on Trust Center, and then click on Attachment Handling.

2. If you want to turn off all attachment previewers, click on Turn off Attachment Preview.

3. To turn off a specific attachment previewer, click Attachment and Document Previewers and clear the check box for a previewer you want to turn off, and then click OK.

4. To turn them on, click to select the Turn off Attachment Preview or specific attachment previewer options.

If you are still facing such kind of issue then Click on start.Click on Run and type out the following

C:\Documents and Settings\%USER_NAME%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK#\ (where # is a random number)

Over here please have a check that Attachment Previewer is being off or not and at the same time also check out Trust Centre Attachment Handling and check the box to turn off attachment previews.