Thread: Dos application to backup NTFS

Dos application to backup NTFS

Hi,
    I have four NTFS partitions in my system. The partition are created at the time of installation of Windows. Now here I want to work in DOS for the back up process. But I know that NTFS partitions cannot be accessed by pure DOS and I had not left any FAT Drive. So I want to ask that are there some third party DOS utility tools which can help me to access DOS partitions. What are the more feature of those drives.

Re: Dos application to backup NTFS

There is a third party DOS tool which can help you to access NTFS partitions. NTFS Reader DOS boot disk is the tool. It is in the from of bootable disk which works when windows boot up. It supports long file names and also compressed and fragmented file in NTFS drive. It shows a preview of file and allows you to copy them from NTFS to FAT or to a network drive. Below is a link of software in different mode.
    Download for Bootable Floppy
    Download ISO image of Bootable CD.

Try NTFS Reader for DOS. It is a free tool that gives you access to NTFS drive in your computer in DOS environment. It initiates copy and back of files to other partitions or on a network. The tool is easy to use. It shows up a complete physical and logical drive information. It supports IDE, ATA, SCSI drives. It works from a bootable floppy drive. It is compatible with windows 95, 98, 2000 and XP. Also display non English long file names.
    NTFS Reader for DOS

Try Partition Magic. It is best hard drive partitioning software. You can create, resize, copy partitions and run multiple operation system in a single pc. It includes many utilities like BootMagic which makes quiet simple to run different operation systems. Just copy, move, resize, split and merger partitions on some clicks. You can also copy paste files between the two different operation systems.