Thread: Twitter Wordpress Widget Pro

Twitter Wordpress Widget Pro

One of my friend owns a WordPress Blog. Today morning i heard about Wordpress Widget Pro that can handle twitter feeds. I am sure my friends is not aware of this so i wanna help him out through this. So could you guys please make me know more about this widget and where can i download this Twitter Wordpress Widget Pro ?

Re: Twitter Wordpress Widget Pro

Twitter is growing very fast and here is a collection of top twitter widgets to integrate with your wordpress blog. By installing the Widgets plugin by Automatic and using a widget-ready theme, you can bring the popular customization feature from WordPress.com to your very own. Twitter Widget Pro is a widget that handles Twitter feeds including @username, #hashtag, and link parsing.It’s true that you could just point an RSS widget at one of the Twitter feeds, but you end up with the whole tweet as a link, @replies don’t function, etc.

It supports displaying profiles images, and even lets you control whether to display the time and date of a tweet or how log ago it happened.You can also optionally choose to ignore @replies, leaving them out of your widget. Twitter limits the number of requests that you can make per hour, but you don’t need to worry about this with Twitter Widget Pro. Remember it requires PHP5.

If you’ve used widgets before, it should be fairly standard installation. In order to install this Wordpress Widget Pro:-

• Verify that you have PHP5, which is required for this plugin.
    • Upload the whole twitter-widget-pro directory to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
    • Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress

Twitter Widget Pro employs the multi-widget pattern, which allows you to not only have more than one instance of this widget on your site, but even allows more than one instance of this widget in a single sidebar.Unfortunately, version 1.2.1 included the removal of the “friends feed” option.Twitter has have removed this functionality, and have no immediate plans to add it back.Aparently the database queries required to display the friends feed was causing twitter to crash, so they removed it. Unfortunately, this is outside my control.