Thread: Protector Suite QL encrypted archive problem....

Exclamation Protector Suite QL encrypted archive problem....

I do have encrypted an archive with Protector Suite QL and not used any backup password....and i later reinstalled the operating system and also installed the software now if i will to try to open the archive it is showing not an authorised user Can any one get me some help to open this archive.....

Re: Protector Suite QL encrypted archive problem....

Try this:
    Add this entry to your Windows registry:

HKLM\SW\Protector Suite\1.0\ add "Advanced user" (dword)=1
    The Protector Suite QL Control Center will contain a new selection - Delete passport. Delete your passport and enroll a new one. Ensure you have backed up your Password Bank registrations and files from My Safe.

Hi,

I'm really sorry but I have exactly the same problem following a re-installation of the system, however I'm not an expert on windows registry. Could someone explain me where and how to add the entry? I know how to open the registry but don't know what to do next.

Thank you so much!

To add a registry subkey or add or change a registry value, make the appropriate changes in the registry, and then export the appropriate subkey or subkeys. Exported registry subkeys are automatically saved as .reg files. To make changes to the registry and export your changes to a .reg file, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. Locate and then click the subkey that holds the registry item or items that you want to change.
    3. Click File, and then click Export. This step backs up the subkey before you make any changes. You can import this file back into the registry later if your changes cause a problem.
    4. In the File name box, type a file name to use to save the .reg file with the original registry items, and then click Save. Note Use a file name that reminds you of the contents, such as a reference to the name of the subkey.
    5. In the right pane, add or modify the registry items you want.
    6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to export the subkey again, but use a different file name for the .reg file. You can use this .reg file to make your registry changes on another computer.
    7. Test your changes on the local computer. If they cause a problem, double-click the file that holds the backup of the original registry data to return the registry to its original state.

Thank you very much for the detailed infos but I'm really a beginner, how can I explicitly modify the registry? How can I add the entry?
    Besides how I can be sure that I'm in the right pane? Within the "Protector Suite QL"'s there are two folders:

- The first is called "1.0" and within it there are "Install Dir" and "settings", which itself included a folder called "Provider" (Provider Filters + ProviderWrapp)

- The second is called "LibPaths"

How to be sure that I modify the right folder? And more specifically how do you do so? Do you just double click on the file and in the box ("modification of the chain") that opens enter the entry?

Thank you so much for you help. I really need the documents within the protected folder...

Anyone here to help me?

Sorry to insist, I'll like to know if there's something that I could do...