Thread: Recover of unsaved word document

Recover of unsaved word document

Hi friends

I am in trouble i am working on MS world by mistake i close the file without saving is there anyway to recover unsaved text in a word document ? I made very important changes i don't want to do that work again.

Re: Recover of unsaved word document

Select Tools, Options, Check 'Save AutoRecover info every:' and provide the interval. after that click on the File Locations tab, Select AutoRecover Files, Click on "Modify..." & provide a location for its to save the files.

I have a file containing important information that is corrupted. Is there a way (free) to retrieve. ?

Thanks

You can try with Word Recovery

This comes from a corrupted file located in C: \ Documents and Settings \ [your sessions] \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Templates \.

This folder is hidden. To view hidden files and folders, go to My Computer> Tools> Folder Options> View> then check "show hidden files and folders." You should now have access to the previous folder.

Recover of unsaved word document

• In a Windows window click on 'Tools',' Folder Options' Tab 'View' 'Show hidden files and folders' (9th chip from the top). This allows you to see hidden system files (administrator rights required).
    • Under Winword to 'Tools'' Options' tab 'Default'; select the 'AutoRecover files' click on' Edit ': Specifies the path for temporary files Word. Take note of this directory (eg C: \ Documents and Settings \ XXXXX \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Word)
    • : Go into the directory indicated in step 2 and copy all files *.* and *. tmp to the current date (the one where you lost the file) in a directory (eg : c: \ foo). These are the records corresponding to those that you "lost".
    • Edit the. Tmp and others.? . doc so that you can re-open with Winword.
    • Open files with Word and rename it