Thread: How to open .bak and .dbl extension files

How to open .bak and .dbl extension files

I am using Windows XP. I have got some official mails that are having lots of attachment in .bak and .dbl formats. When i try to open them windows says that it could not open it. Its very important to open them. kindly tell me which s/w will open .bak and .dbl files and from where i can get it ?

Re: How to open .bak and .dbl extension files

.bak extensions refer to Back Up files. Other types of files may also use the BAK file extension. You can simply use the "open" command from Word, allow Word to open any files, navigate to the folder the *.bak file is saved and open it in this way. Alternatively, just double click on the .bak and let your PC decide which default application should open the file.There is no 'standard' file format for BAK files.You need to determine what program these files were generated with, then open them with that program.

The .DBL file extension identifies a Windows XP Product Activation belonging to the Microsoft Windows product activation service. It is encrypted by MS as its the product key and activation stuff. A .DBL file contains vital information relating to the present activation of Windows.The file is stored with other dynamic link library files that exist as part of the Windows XP kernel in the Windows folder. The sub older system32 is where all these files are stored. Once installed, the file will continue to monitor activities on the machine, and more so, on any hardware changes that may occur or that may be initiated by the user.

If it is microsoft, we can always rejoice in the fact that RC-4 encryption can be broken. .DBL file is not protected, and if user deletes it, user will have to re-activate Windows XP again. User won’t be able to restore WPA. It is used to check on the integrity of files that monitor hardware changes carried out on hardware items on the system. DBL in System Restore as it’s not included in the backup mechanism. Remember if too many changes are made to the hardware configurations this may alter the manner the system functions sending an alert from the WPA.DBL file to reactivate the product.