Thread: Missing QSI CDRW/DVD SBW242U drivers

Missing QSI CDRW/DVD SBW242U drivers

I'm having Dell laptop on which i had installed Windows XP SP2 as my operating system. I'm missing the drivers for the QSI CDRW/DVD SBW242U drive on my laptop, the system doesn't detect the drives there at all, whereas i can see a yellow warning sign in Device Manager. Can any body tell me that where can i find the QSI CDRW/DVD SBW242U drives for my laptop? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: Missing QSI CDRW/DVD SBW242U drivers

I think you should try to uninstall your QSI CDRW/DVD SBW242U drives from your system, then try to reinstall it back on your system. Also try to update your drivers and check out whether you still face the same issue on your system.

According to me the driver are basic Microsoft Windows driver. Even i was having the same problem with the video card drive before which gave me the same error code on my system. But it looks like your going to have to reinstall your operating system. Uninstalling and Re-installing will NOT work. Backup all the data you want to save, reformat the partition then install your operating system on your pc.

The best option to get rid of the above issue is to visit the official Dell website. There you need to find out the QSI CDRW/DVD SBW242U drivers for your Dell system. If you want you can also visit your manufacturer website. There you will get the updated drivers for your Dell system.