Thread: Hotmail won't load, Can't access hotmail account

Hotmail won't load, Can't access hotmail account

Hi,

Any page on the internet works for me except for hotmail.com. Hotmail won't load, I can't access hotmail account. It seems as though it loads up, but then just appears blank. also when I use messenger and click on Mail it won't open up it just keeps showing a blank page. However, when I do it takes me to a page that says to enter my password and re-agree to all the privacy statement. I'm on a wireless connection, but it won't load when I plug straight into my wireless port either. Please help.

Re: Hotmail won't load, Can't access hotmail account

This is a big problem at the moment, which i have had myself ,but have located the fix for it.Try uninstalling and reinstalling it . Run a spyware program and make sure you dont have any viruses.

Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL.

You need to clear your IE cache and cookies, open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the Delete Cookies button.

This morning, and at several other times in the past, I was not able to access my inbox in Hotmail. During those times, though, I was able to access hotmail folders through their mobile.live.com which is for mobile devices.

You can, however, access that mobile.live.com though Firefox by spoofing.

When in firefox install the add-on "Modify Headers" which is available at
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/967/

Then, after you restart Firefox you would go to Tools and click on "Modify Headers" to open its configuration window
    Use drop down box near the top left to click "add"
    In first box type in User-agent
    In second box type in:
    Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE51-1/100.34.20;
    Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like
    Gecko) Safari/413
    Save by hitting "Add" on the right.
    That User agent is now showing a green light as it is enabled.
    and close the "Modify Headers" window

Your Firefox is not going to spoof as a mobile device. When you want to disable that feature, just go to tools and click on "Modify Headers" and "Disable All" on the right and the user-agent will show a red light and your Firefox will be back to normal. Then close the "Modify Headers" window.

Ive tried many things and nothing worked, but besides hotmail loading a blank page I also noticed WMP not loading, and assumed it was a java script error, or registry error, in any case the following fix worked for me instantly.

1. Click Start, click Accessories, then right click on the picture of Command Prompt and choose "run as" then choose administrator and type the password to logon as admin.,
    2. Then type regsvr32 jscript.dll, and then hit enter.

3. Next type regsvr32 vbscript.dll then hit enter.

4. Now type exit and hit enter. Now try hotmail, and media player and it should work.

Hope it helps
    Last edited by Chessfork; 20-10-2011 at 01:49 AM. Reason: mispelled and forgot some instrcutions

idea Re: Hotmail won't load, Can't access hotmail account

Basically you can skip the first couple of steps and just open the cmd prompt and enter the following:

step1: type - "netsh int ip show int" without quotes. Press enter.
    step2: take note of you current MTU value of your Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1
    (if it is greater that 1500, it needs to reset to 1500 - mine was f*ckin hoooge, like 1000000 larger than it was supposed to be, making packet retrieval/submission to hotmail, msn and other related sites impossible).
    step3: type - "netsh int ip set interface <Idx value here> (it should be 1) mtu= <MTU setting> (it should be 1500) store=persistent", all without " <> or ().

e.g
    netsh int ip set interface 1 mtu= 1500 store=persistent
    Press Enter

step4: type - exit. Now restart your pc.

Worked for me! Enjoy
    Last edited by Maqbool; 09-02-2012 at 02:12 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

Hi Wifirex

Did all you said, but it didn't fix the problem - blank page still. Managed to access it via Firefox, but I can't Reply or do New emails. What is going on? I have Vista, if that is of any consequence.

I'm not too sure if Vista operates differently on this matter. Just to make sure, what websites exactly can't you access? What was the MTU value you had? If MSN, Hotmail, Windows owned sites and email send/retrieval from LiveMail is the majority of what you can't access, do my fix again. I did it 2 or 3 times to get the fix to work, even though my MTU was stating 1500 bytes as the packet size after doing the first fix. By the way, the first fix only worked for a few hours before I had the same problem again, but after resetting the MTU once or twice more, I haven't had the issue since.

What web browser and version are you using?