Thread: IE/Firefox help needed!!

IE/Firefox help needed!!

Okay so I'm not very good at this kind of thing so wondered if any of you can help me.

So a few hours ago my IE gave me the message;

Internet Explorer has stopped working

Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.

-> Check online for a solution & close the program
    -> Close the program

View details.

This happened everytime I opened the browser so was just not working at all.

So I decided I'd try downloading FireFox, when I downloaded the latest version it kept telling me FireFox had crashed as soon as I opened the browser so uninstalled & downloaded an older version but then got the same message as I've typed above but relating to FireFox.

Restarted the PC numerous times.

Then I reset IE explorer settings back to default & disabled all add-ons... to no avail, now whenever I open IE the page just closes itself again automatically.
    I've tried setting the default home page to various different web pages including the original one but nothing works & I still get the 'FireFox has stopped working' message with FireFox so am now using Google Chrome as it is the only thing I can access the internet on at the moment!!

Any advice?

Tylon Foxx Guest

Re: IE/Firefox help needed!!

only explanation is that there might be some kind of screwup in some OS resident files that IE and FF use (but Chrome doesn't).

since Windows isn't as easy as Linux to repair IMO, then you might be looking at a reinstall of windows or be stuck with Chrome

Yeah, thanks for your advice.
    I'm now using Opera at the moment but I think I'm gonna reinstall windows anyway as all my important stuff's on external hardrive anyway so don't mind starting from scratch as it'll probably be easier in the long run.

Looks like your having some viruses that making your browser corrupt if you are taking back up make sure that you will not get virus in that and if so make sure that will not return in your new install windows

Click on Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and click Internet Explorer no Add-ons, then re-enable add-ons 1 at a time until you locate the add-on causing your problem. Or else you need to right click on my IE icon and go to properties to get to display my internet options. There have been numerous reports of the Google toolbar and Google Desktop causing this problem as well so if you have the Google toolbar I would suggest uninstalling it.