Thread: Tools to relocate cd drives

Tools to relocate cd drives

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. The problem is that my CD drives are no longer showing up or being recognized on my system. So, can any body tell me that is there any tools to relocate cd drives on my pc? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: Tools to relocate cd drives

I think the Office 2003 Local Install Source (LIS) can be stored in the MSOCache folder with an optional installation and maintenance choice. The installation of Office is basically done from the LIS once it's on the local drive without needing to rely on a CD or a network installation point for completion.

I think you need to check out the cables in your system. It might be possible that either of your cable may had be loosen up and that's why it might be able to recognized your cd drive on your system.

You can use the GetDriveType API to determine the type of drive referenced by a drive letter. By combining this API with a list of the active drive letters on a computer, you can search for CD-ROM drives available on that computer. Note that the API does not distinguish between types of CD-ROM drives, so for example, a DVD drive is considered a CD-ROM drive.