Thread: ADVPACK.dll error on Windows Xp

ADVPACK.dll error on Windows Xp

I had installed Windows Xp on my system. Recently i had downloaded VLC player software from the internet. The problem is that when i try to install VLC player, it shows an advpack.dll error message on my system. Due to which i'm unable to install VLC player on my pc. So, can any body tell me that why i'm getting advpack.dll error message on Windows Xp? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: ADVPACK.dll error on Windows Xp

Advpack.dll error messages might appear while using or installing certain programs, when Windows starts or shuts down, or maybe even during a Windows installation. For that you need to try to register the dll in the registry.

Advpack.dll errors are caused by situations that lead to the removal or corruption of the advpack DLL file. You can go into Control Panel and pick the System icon. Then on the Advanced tab there's the Environment Variables. Simply edit the TEMP and TMP items to point to the C:\Temp folder.instead of the folders they were set to. Apparently the rational is that there is a corruption in the default Temp folders. This requires a reboot before the changes take affect. After the reboot you can delete the temp folder in the C:\Documents and Properties\username\Local Settings\Temp location where username is your username.

I would suggest you that try to update your Windows and load all security updates on your system and then try again. Some advpack.dll errors could be related to a virus or other malware infection on your computer that has damaged the DLL file. It's even possible that the advpack.dll error you're seeing is related to a hostile program that's masquerading as the file.