Thread: Inspect document word not working

Inspect document word not working

I had installed Windows Xp SP3 along with Microsoft Office 2007 on my system. The problem is that i'm unable to use the Document Inspector feature in Microsoft Word 2007. It seems to be not working on my system. Can any body tell me that why does inspect document word not working on my pc? Does any body knows about this issue? Kindly provide me the correct solution to resolve the above issue.

Re: Inspect document word not working

The Document Inspector feature in Microsoft Word 2007 will allow you to locate and remove any content that you do not want another person to be able to view. Microsoft Office documents may contain hidden data, such as personal information and confidential data, which are not visible in the document but retrievable by others. You can use the Document Inspector to find and remove hidden data and personal information in Office documents that were created in Office Word 2007, Office Excel 2007, Office PowerPoint 2007, and earlier versions of these Office programs.

Hidden information can include the data that Office programs add to a file to enable you to collaborate on writing and editing a document with other people. Such hidden information can reveal details about your own identity, details of your organization and you may not want to publicize such information. If you remove hidden content from your document, you might not be able to restore it by clicking Undo. It can also include information that you deliberately designate as hidden.

Utilizing the Inspector tool is one way of safeguarding any information you want to remain private. You can accomplish by running the Document Inspector tool, as described below.

1. Open the Word document that you want to inspect.
    2. Click the Microsoft Office Button, click Save As, and then type a name in the File name box to save a copy of your original document.
    3. Return to the original copy of the document, click the Microsoft Office Button, point to Prepare, and then click Inspect Document.
    4. In the Document Inspector dialog box, select the check boxes to choose the types of hidden content that you want to be inspected.
    5. Click Inspect.
    6. Review the results of the inspection in the Document Inspector dialog box.
    7. Click Remove All next to the inspection results for the types of hidden content that you want to remove from your document.