Thread: Has anyone use Encryptionshield?

jxmarvel Guest

Has anyone use Encryptionshield?

Hello every~It is said that this software can encrypt files into SDX so that we can decrypt files without using the software.Is that true?What is SDX?
    Can anyone tell me?

Re: Has anyone use Encryptionshield?

I havent used it but I know that this encryption software is easy to use,and it have many power features.The features as the following:It can encrypt files of any type or length. The encrypted file can be used without decrypting by Encryption Shield. Double-click the file, then a password input box will popup. After putting in the correct password, then you can open it, edit or save the file. After closing it, it is still in encrypted state, and there is no need to encrypt it again.

Yeah i have used the free trial version of it, its good to encrypt the files and it do encryption on all type of files, really different from other protecting applications but it can't lock the folder like folder lock, i prefer folder lock over all this encryption software, what the need to encrypt all files separately when you can lock your entire private folder.

jxmarvel Guest

I know it is a great and powerful software.
    But can anyone explain the SDX feature?
    Moreover,I can't understand other features clearly.

Hello , if you read it properly

A SDX is capable of decrypting itself and do not need to have Encryption Shield installed. Simply double click on the file to run it, and it will decrypt itself after you enter the appropriate encryption key.

it means , if your are encrypting anything(for eg a file ) Using a Software then for Decrypting the same software is needed , but the Sdx (Self decrypting format in Executable )Can Decrypt itself With any need for software, it will like you double click on it, it was asked you for password ,and that it

jxmarvel Guest

HI~~I come here again.I know what SDX is short for...
    But why it doesn't need software to decrypt?What is the theory

It allows you to encrypt files or folders and then pack them to Self Decrypting Executable (SDX). A SDX is capable of decrypting itself and do not need to have Encryption Shield installed. Simply double click on the file to run it, and it will decrypt itself after you enter the appropriate encryption key.

Encryptionshield is an independent tool which does not required any third party support to decrypt a file. The reason behind this it that it has Rijndael. It is an algorithm on which is software is designed. Rijndael is selected by the US national institute of standards as standard to encrypt and decrypt the files. If you search for the individual words on Google you will get more information on that.

It is like password protecting your files. Similar mechanism is seen in winrar files which are password protected. You just need to enter the password and the files will be ready to use. Similarly, SDX encrypts the files which cannot be seen by anyone without decrypting it. And to decrypt it you will need the password, it has self decrypter attached to the encrypted file, so that these files can run without SDX being installed on the computer. All you need is a password on the other computer that you have used while encrypting it...

jxmarvel Guest

It seems that the password is hidden in the SDX file.right?

mitchlleluo Guest

Yeah!It applies password protection to folders.It can also lock a folder,thelocked folder can not be deleted, renamed or copied. You are unable to visit any file in it, either.

jxmarvel Guest

Eric B is genius!