Thread: Install shield Update manager

Install shield Update manager

My Install Shield Update Manager will start Whether I go through my systray or through program start. But both ways result in a window that comes up that has nothing on it but the top third of the window. All of the links or lists of updates don't appear. Instead it looks totally white. Thinking maybe the links were hidden, I tried clicking all through the white area, with no results. Anybody have any ideas?

Re: Install shield Update manager

Quote Originally Posted by thunt11111 View Post
    My Install Shield Update Manager will start Whether I go through my systray or through program start. But both ways result in a window that comes up that has nothing on it but the top third of the window. All of the links or lists of updates don't appear. Instead it looks totally white. Thinking maybe the links were hidden, I tried clicking all through the white area, with no results. Anybody have any ideas?
    hi thunt11111,

i also had issues with MS Update Manager after running a propriety and paid for tweek program, net result was a pop up asking for 'ISUS.msi' (from) 'source 1' and asking for a disk.

this is a different fault to yours but i'd strongly guess the same fix i used will work.

you need to rename the existing update manager directory to stop it loading on start up,

C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield". so put an underscore in front i.e. rename to _InstallShield, then reboot.

download the latest 'download manager 4.5 .sdk version from MS's site and run it, this will install a new version and hopefully resolve the issues