Thread: Weird Internet Problem

Weird Internet Problem

I have DSL Broadband internet connection. but i can access net only through Firefox(3.0). IE , Opera , Mass Downloader , Bittorrent cannot access internet...Firefox is my default web browser. but changing the default browser to IE also doesnot help. But NOD32 can access internet for updating.
    Also is there any addon for firefox that would help me use torrents within firefox?

Re: Weird Internet Problem

FireTorrent offers truly native integrated support for BitTorrent into Firefox and Wyzo with competitive torrent download speeds. Fire Torrent integrates seamlessly into your Firefox downloads window, making downloading torrents with Bit Torrent really easy! FireTorrent is a quick 500KB download and delivers an impeccable user experience: click in a .torrent file and Firefox’s well known download confirmation window appears. Smartly, the download confirmation asks for the torrent contents instead of the .torrent file which would be confusing for end users who shouldn’t care whether the download is will be delivered via a torrent, FTP or HTTP.

Download Now (Windows)

Sometimes Windows Firewall might block a program that you use from connecting to the Internet. If you are experiencing a problem with a program that can’t connect to the Internet, but you are still able to browse the Web (demonstrating that it’s not a general problem with your Internet connection), you can add a Windows Firewall exception for the program that’s having problems. This will allow you to use that program without Windows Firewall blocking it.

To add a Windows Firewall exception
    1. Click Start. Click All Programs and find the program that you want to add an exception for. Then right-click the program and click Properties.
    2. On Shortcut tab in the Properties dialog box, right-click the Target box, and then click Copy. This copies the program’s location to your clipboard.
    3. Click Cancel to close the Properties dialog box.
    4. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    5. From the Control Panel, click Security Center.
    6. From the Security Center, click Windows Firewall.
    7. On the Exceptions tab, click Add Program.
    8. In the Add a Program dialog box, click Browse.
    9. In the Browse dialog box, right-click the File name box, and then click Paste.
    10. Click Open.
    11. Click OK.
    12. Windows Firewall adds an exception for your program. Click OK again.

Now, Windows Firewall will allow your program to communicate with other computers on the Internet.

i even switched off windows firewall. but it does not work. firetorrent failed to integrate with my browser..the other threads offered did not help either...i got another error namely generic host process error and svchost.exe error..i got fed up and formatted my system..now it is ok..thank u guys for all ur help.