Thread: Sharepoint 2007 workflow designer

Sharepoint 2007 workflow designer

I had installed Windows Xp on my system. Recently i had installed Microsoft Office 2007 on my pc. I would like to create a workflow designer for SharePoint 2007. Can any body tell me that how can create a workflow designer for SharePoint 2007? Does any body knows how can i do it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: Sharepoint 2007 workflow designer

SharePoint 2007 will provide many pre-built workflow solutions directly out of the box. The workflow feature is built on the Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation, a component of Microsoft Windows. SharePoint 2007 (MOSS) utilizes the Workflow Foundation (WF) to enable workflows on lists and content types.

Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007 can be use to create forms that can be hosted inside of Microsoft Office system client applications. For that you can use InfoPath in order to add forms to each step in the workflow process. These forms can be accessed from the browser or in e-mail as part of the workflow.

The rules in one step are processed to conclusion before going on to the next step, so you want to group in the same step any rules necessary to effect the specific action or actions that you want. When you design a workflow, it is important to understand how a workflow evaluates each step. The following statements are all true:
    • If a step contains only actions and no conditions, the workflow always performs those actions.
    • If a step has conditional branches, and each branch has a condition, the workflow performs an action only when the condition in one of the branches is satisfied. If no condition in any branch is satisfied, by default the workflow moves to the next step.
    • If a step has conditional branches, and each branch has a condition except for the last branch, the workflow performs an action only when the condition in one of the branches is satisfied. Else, if no condition is satisfied, the workflow performs the action in the last branch, which has no condition.

For more information on the above issue, you can check out the following link. Hope so it may help you out.