Thread: Computer gets really slow after loading a video online

Computer gets really slow after loading a video online

Every time I try to load a streaming video online, my computer gets really slow to the point where the video stops loading and I can barely do anything and am forced to reboot to get up to speed again.

This problem only started happening a couple days ago (everything use to work fine). Before I started having this problem, I got a blue screen that said there was a problem with one of my drivers. When I rebooted a message came up that said Windows recovered from a serious error so I'm wondering if one of my drivers is the cause of this problem, and if so is there any way I can fix them? I'm not a very technical person...

Also, I installed some new Window's updates including Internet Explorer 8, so is it possible one of these updates could be slowing down my computer after viewing videos? I use firefox as my browser but I keep IE just in case I ever need it to view a webpage that requires it.

Here are the steps I've tried:

1. Scanned for viruses and Spyware, but found nothing.
    2. Performed a disk clean up and defragmented hard drive.

I have 45 GB of free space on my hard drive.
    I have a 2.13 GHz processer and 1 GB of RAM

My computer runs very fast and smooth upon reboot, it's just when I want to watch a video on youtube or something that caused my computer to slow up horribly. Any help will be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Re: Computer gets really slow after loading a video online

Free space on c drive is important also must be more than 700mb. Disable adons if you install its some application problem that shows Windows recovered from a serious error.streaming video problem is due to browser well internet explorer 8 is not revolutionary and have some bugs that Microsoft not fixed yet well in browsers racing current leader is safari 4.

Re: Computer gets really slow after loading a video online

Here is few tips to tweak your pc : How To Make Your Windows Fast As Never Before
    What is PC Tune Up and how to perform it

I think you should upgrade your ram 2GB or more then that, to get better performance . remove some useless application from the windows task manager