Thread: Remote desktop connection tool

Remote desktop connection tool

I am running Windows XP on my computer at my home. But my office computer is still using Windows 98. Many a times situations arise where I am unable to reach office but my boss needs that I should still be able to complete my work from my home. So I came up with solution where I will connect my office computer via Remote Desktop connection and complete me work. But since Windows 98 do not support this feature, I am unable to operate my office computer at my place. I tried to search a solution for this and found many software's which support Remote Desktop connection but all belongs to some third party. I don't trust them at all. Is there any tool for Remote Desktop Connection from Microsoft which I can trust and install on my office computer?

Re: Remote desktop connection tool

"Windows XP Remote Desktop Connection software" is what you are searching for. This software package will install the client portion of Remote Desktop on any of the following operating systems: Windows 95, Windows 98 and 98 Second Edition, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, and Windows 2003. When run, this software allows older Windows platforms to remotely connect to a computer running Windows XP Professional with Remote Desktop enabled.

Thanks for that information RockOn. That seems to be very helpful. But How should I install it on my office computer? Can you provide me the simple steps to install it? And are you sure this will work on Windows 98? Do I need to install something else also along with this?

No, you don't need to install anything else. The steps to install this software:

1. Download this tool on your computer by clicking on it and selecting "Save".

2. Now extract it on your hard disk to get the executable file.

3. Double click on the exe file to open and click on "Run".

This software works on Windows 2000; Windows 95; Windows 98; Windows ME; Windows NT; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP.