Thread: restore microsoft office xp

restore microsoft office xp

My son has accidentally downloaded a trial version of microsoft office home and student. How can I restore office xp that he had previsously? He is using Vista.

Nash

Re: restore microsoft office xp

Follow this -

Navigate to : Start --- Programs --- Microsoft Office --- Microsoft Office Tools --- Microsoft Office 2003 --- Save My Settings Wizard. Check Save the settings and click Next.

In this window, choose where you want to store the settings by typing in the direct path or Browsing to the location.

Windows will save all of your settings to a single file. Remember the location where you save this file for next time you want to recover your settings.
    Click on Finish.

At this point, the progress bar will pop up, while Windows gathers all of your Office settings.

Once the backup is completed you will get the verification screen. Click Exit.

If you are migrating to a new machine, it would be a good idea to save the file onto a flash drive, or somewhere easily accessible from the new computer.

To restore the settings, you will go to your new computer (which should already have Office installed),
    open the same wizard --- select “Restore previously saved settings to this machine”.