Thread: ASX file codec for windows media player

ASX file codec for windows media player

Well, i am aware of the almost all file formats that can be played in Windows Media player 10. Yesterday suddenly i got my WMP asking for codec for ASX. What is this file about and where can i get the required codec ? Please help me guys.

Re: ASX file codec for windows media player

.asx is Advanced Stream Redirector. It is also known as Windows Media Metafiles, are text files that provide information about a file stream and its presentation.An ASX file is just a pointer to another media file, it’s just a playlist. For the most part ASX files will point to WMA, WMV, or ASF content. This files go beyond the simple task of defining playlists to provide Windows Media Player with information about how to present particular media items of the playlist. Since most asx files to the Content will focus on the Windows Media Player, one other thing that is suggested is that you reinstall the Codec of Windows Media player if you have problems.

.asx is comfortably supported by WMP 9 series, 10 and 11. ASX files can point to any media file type that Windows Media Player recognizes and supports.Microsoft Windows Media codecs are automatically downloaded by Windows Media Player, including all Windows Media codec updates. You can get all the required codecs for your Windows Media Player here

You can also go with Easy WMV ASF ASX to DVD Burner. It is a high quality DVD authoring and burning application to convert WMV,ASF,ASX files to DVD and burn DVD disc with easy.It Supports device types include DVD-R/ DVD+R/ DVD-RW/ DVD+RW and also NTSC and PAL and 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratio.