Thread: IE 7 home page change

IE 7 home page change

I have windows XP installed on my computer. I use Internet Explorer 7 to surf the internet. I have a problem with IE7. I am experiencing IE 7 home page change everytime the computer is rebooted.

Re: IE 7 home page change

How do you change a home page? Do you click on the link from a specific website which says click here to make our site your home page? There are some times when this method doesn't work. I would recommend you to manually aad the website that you want to the Internet Explorer's home page.

I click on the address bar and select the entire address of the website which i need to save as my home page. I then copy this address and i open internet options. There in home page text address bar, i paste this address and then click Apply and then Ok. It remains there forever unless i reboot my computer. As soon as i reboot my computer, this homepage is again changed to something like mysearchbar. Also my default search engine changed to mywebsearch from google. Is this a virus? Please help...

Its not a virus. You may have installed My Web Search toolbar or new smileys for your yahoo/msn messenger. This sometimes happen if there is any registry errors while the installation of this toolbar. If you don't want to use these software then you can just release the toolbar and smiley central from Add/Remove Programs, that will take care of your Default Home page and Default Search Engines.