Thread: How To Fix WMI Corruption under windows

How To Fix WMI Corruption under windows

Whenever I try to install SMS client, WMI prevent me from doing that installation. I have tried it fixing this problem by my self, but the problem is that I don't know how many or which pc's are affected by the problem. I was wondering and hoping if anyone knows of a Vbs script I can use at logon, that checks WMI and if necessary repairs it?

Re: How To Fix WMI Corruption under windows

WMI stands for Windows Management Instrumentation, and is primarily responsible for monitoring the performance of various aspects of your system.Here's a few sample solutions that I've found:

To initiate an auto recovery, run one of the following commands:
    Regsvr32 %Windir%\System32\Wbem\wbemupgd.dll
    or
    Rundll %Windir%\System32\Wbem\wbemupgd.dll, RUNDLLENTRY
    When you click Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Performance, the graphs you see are generated by WMI events.

A system can have WMI problems yet appear to run properly most of the time. That is because WMI is most often used by system diagnostics. Windows comes with a default set of performance counters measuring your processor, network, filesystem performance and so on. Applications can install or modify their own counters, or use existing ones if they so wish. All the data managed by WMI is stored in the so-called WMI Repository. A word processor, spreadsheet, or email program rarely depends on WMI. download The WMI Diagnosis Utility -- Version 2.0

WMIDiag.vbs is a VBScript script designed to help you ascertain the current state of the WMI service on a computer. The download package includes the utility itself, In rare circumstances, it becomes corrupted. Once corrupted, it can sometimes be fixed relatively easily; in more extreme cases, you will have to repair or reinstall Windows itself.