Thread: entourage imap update all folders

entourage imap update all folders

All the other folders are fine, but when new messages come in they don't show up in the Inbox.The problem is that Mail treats every folder in my remote account as an IMAP folder, resulting in a long list of redundant folders. This does not happen with entourage which allows me to subscribe/unsubscribe to folders, but i found that entourage IMAP update all folders, I am using Mail.app to access my IMAP mail accounts. Does any one know what may the problem and how it is to be resolved.

Re: entourage imap update all folders

"IMAP" stands for "Internet Message Access Protocol." IMAP works by keeping mail on the server. There is actually a really easy way to fix this from the server side. I resolved it by control-clicking the Inbox and choosing Folder Properties > Empty Cache. In your Exchange server pull up the Active Directory Users and Groups msc go into the specified user, click Exchange Features, select IMAP 4 and then hit the properties button, uncheck Use Protocol defaults, uncheck Include all public folders when a folder list is requested.

Re: entourage imap update all folders

Basic E-mail Configuration for Entourage 2001

1. On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
    2. On the Mail tab, click New.
    3. In the Account Setup Assistant box, type your name. This is the name that users see when they receive messages from you. Click the arrow to advance to the next screen.
    4. In the Internet Mail Address box, type the e-mail address that is provided by your ISP, and then click the arrow to advance to the next screen.
    5. In the E-mail Server Names dialog box, click the My Incoming Mail Server box, and then click IMAP.
    6. In the Incoming Mail box, type the server names or addresses for the IMAP server.
    7. In the Outgoing Mail box, type the Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP) server, and then click the arrow to advance to the next screen.
    for more info: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272325