Thread: Micosoft planning for any protection from worms

Micosoft planning for any protection from worms

There have been lots of worms attack and Virus attack on Microsoft's OS. Microsoft has done nothing to provide the OS with security other then providing patches after the worms outbreak. I have heard Windows 7 Retail in coming with some Protection suite. Can anyone tell me if Micosoft planning for any protection from worms?

Re: Micosoft planning for any protection from worms

It is not true that Microsoft has done nothing to protect their Windows OS from worms. There is a limitation for every software. Softwares are upgraded day by day, so are the viruses. So the antivirus cannot be made before the virus is found. Well Antivirus softwares like Windows Defender were created by Microsoft in the past, but the software did not meet everyone's expectations. So it failed. You cannot blame Microsoft for the Virus and Worms attacks.

I agree to you, but you have to think both ways. Try to think this way : What is Microsoft lacking that other antivirus developers are not, which makes them more successful? I suspect Antivirus developers create virus and spread them, and then they make a cure so that their Antivirus sells in the market... Can be possible... Well, i have heard that Windows 7 will be coming with new Antivirus Suite and as a free software? Is is true? Can anybody post details about it? Thanks!

Microsoft had announced 'Morro' Antivirus Suite for Microsoft OS. See this : http://forums.techarena.in/web-news-trends/1077220.htm Then Microsoft revels it will be free for all Microsoft OS users : http://forums.techarena.in/web-news-trends/1202864.htm