Thread: Can i know the Micosoft Outlook have any limitation on the memory space??

Can i know the Micosoft Outlook have any limitation on the memory space??

Hi all,

Can i know the Micosoft Outlook have any limitation on the memory space?? what database they use, MS Acess?? this is because recently i have to delete some of the email inside the outlook in order to it prompt message something like : Save failed due to the out of memory or disk space, but my c:/ drve still have 5gb to go....

Re: Can i know the Micosoft Outlook have any limitation on the memory space??

While Outlook 2003 is running, it periodically pages memory in and out of the process address space. When the memory that is free is large, Outlook 2003 is permitted to have more pages in memory. This increases the memory that is being used by Outlook 2003.

If another program requires memory, Outlook 2003 will release memory. When you minimize the Outlook 2003 program window, the pages are switched so that the pages that are not required for user interaction are switched out of memory. When you maximize the Outlook 2003 program window again, the pages that are used for user interaction are switched in to memory, and the memory usage begins to increase again. This behavior could when you are working with a large personal folders (.pst) file or a large folder (.ost) file as well as other actions within Outlook 2003.

Hope this be help full

Source : microsoft

Re: Can i know the Micosoft Outlook have any limitation on the memory space??

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"