Thread: Remove white background of image

Remove white background of image

I have some logos which I designed for a project work. The problem here is that those logos have huge white color background. I want to ask that how can I remove the background of the image and remove the exact image. I tried with some image editor but the exact border seems very bad. It is not shaped perfectly. Help.

Re: Remove white background of image

It is possible by photoshop. If you do not have it then you will probably need to arrange it. Then save the files in png or gif format. This will help to get a clear background. Now open Photoshop and then open the image. Double click on the right side on the layer palette. Click on OK. In the window click on magic wand tool and then click on the image background. Press Delete from the keyboard. Then press Ctrl+D. After that press Ctrl + Shift + S and select on gif in the box. Give a location and save the file.

I think you will need some good image editing software to this work. By the way you can just move the image background in the form of a jpeg format. But the editing will give you a more proper result in other formats. Also try to blend the background color with some different one. Better convert it to gif or png and make the background transparent.

You can do this Microsoft Front Page 2000. Open Microsoft Front Page 2000. and paste the image in the sheet. Then move the cursor over the image you can see a picture toolbar. The same you can have by right clicking on the top menu of word and selecting the image tool bar. In the middle you get the transparency button. Click on it and select a color and click on the image background.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam.D View Post
    I think you will need some good image editing software to this work. By the way you can just move the image background in the form of a jpeg format. But the editing will give you a more proper result in other formats. Also try to blend the background color with some different one. Better convert it to gif or png and make the background transparent.
    I used Photoshop to change the jpeg to a png but the background is still white. Is there an easy way to make this transparent. I don't see how.

Quote Originally Posted by wallymountz View Post
    I used Photoshop to change the jpeg to a png but the background is still white. Is there an easy way to make this transparent. I don't see how.
    Have you tried using Imagemagik if not then try using the same and see if it is helping, You will have to use this command "convert input.gif -transparent white output.gif" but then this will not work with a shade of white but then with pure white background.