Thread: How to Remove a Public Folder Database

How to Remove a Public Folder Database

Hello , Whenever I tried uninstall the microsoft Exchange 2007 from the "Add/Remove Programs" option from control Panel i get this error:

The public folder database Database_Name cannot be deleted.
    Error:
    The public folder database specified contains folder replicas. Before deleting the public folder database, remove the folders or move the replicas to another public folder database.

So Can you tell me , How do we remove public folder replicas from the database , So that i can remove it and solve my Problem , Thanks in Advance

Re: How to Remove a Public Folder Database

1. Start the Exchange Management Console.
    2. In the console tree, expand Server Configuration, and then click Mailbox.
    3. In the result pane, click the server from which you want to remove the public folder database.
    4. In the work pane, expand the storage group from which you want to remove the public folder database, and then click the public folder database that you want to remove.
    5. In the action pane, click Remove. A message appears asking if you are sure that you want to remove the database. Click Yes.
    6. A Microsoft Exchange Warning page appears, indicating that the database was successfully removed and reminding you to manually remove the database file. The default location for these files is C:\Program Files\Microsoft\ExchangeServer\Mailbox\<storage group name>\<public folder database name>.

• Run the following command:
      Remove-PublicFolderDatabase -Identity "<server>\<storage group>\<public folder database>"
    • A message appears asking you to confirm that you want to perform this action. Enter Y.
    • A warning appears, indicating that the database was removed and reminding you to manually remove the database file. The default location for these files is C:\Program Files\Microsoft\ExchangeServer\Mailbox\<storage group name>\<public folder database name>.

To remove the public folder store from the Exchange Management Console, follow these steps:
    1. Start the Exchange Management Console.
    2. In the Console tree, expand Server Configuration, and then click Mailbox.
    3. In the results pane, click the appropriate server.
    4. In the work pane, expand the appropriate storage group, and then click the public folder database that you want to remove.
    5. In the action pane, click Remove, and then click Yes.
    6. In the Public folder database name box, type the name of the public folder database.
    7. Follow the instructions in the wizard.

Use the MoveAllReplicas.ps1 script
    You can use the MoveAllReplicas.ps1 script to change the server in the replica list for all public folders to another server. Move to the command prompt at the Exchange Command Shell, and then use the script. To do this, follow these steps: Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Exchange Server 2007, and then click Exchange Management Shell.
    At the MSH prompt, change to the following folder:
    Drive_Letter:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Scripts
    Run the following command:
    MoveAllReplicas.ps1 -Server Source_Server_Name –NewServer Target_Server_Name
    Note The source server must be an Exchange 2007 mailbox server that contains a public folder store. The target server must be an Exchange server that contains a public folder store.

Hi,
    I'm also having problems with this.
    When I follow the instructions in the previous posts, I get an error message stating that 'public folder database contains folder replicas. Before deleting the p.f.d remove the folders or move them ....... For detailed instructions .... 81409.
    I seem to be in a loop because the files in the Second Storage>Public Folder Database folder can't be deleted because they are in use by another program.
    Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance.
    PeteB.