Thread: Problem with Retrospect express backup

Problem with Retrospect express backup

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. Just few days back i had installed Retrospect express backup software on my system, as everyday i need to take backup of my personal data. It used to work fine, but from last two days it fails to back up my persona data. I don't know but it gives out the error message on my desktop screen that it can not backup your data. So, can any body tell me that why i'm having problem with Retrospect express backup software? Why does it fails to backup my personal data? Kindly provide me the correct solution in order to get rid of the above issue.

Re: Problem with Retrospect express backup

It sounds like it's some castrated version. You might be able to backup to bootable DVDs which could be used to rebuild your system. As backup speed is limited only by the bus and drive speed for the media being used. We couldn't get it to fail except when we forced a problem with the CD-RW by using some old 1x CD-R media not a Retrospect issue. Restoration of data the true test of backup software.

I think you should try to reinstall from a bootable CD by double-clicking the InstallerVISE application. On the Volume setting when you are restoring the backed-up system volume to other volumes, it would be more helpful if Retrospect turned this setting off when appropriate during restoration. It takes less than 5 MB of disk space for a full installation. For reinstalling it requires at least 2 MB of application of your RAM.

According to me you need to boot into "safe mode" and then try to attempt the backup on your system. If you need to back up multiple system over a small network or want to use a SCSI tape drive, then you need Retrospect Desktop. It supports Retrospect Client, lets you create custom selectors, and can transfer files between backup sets.