Thread: Can't open pps attachments from Outlook Express

Can't open pps attachments from Outlook Express

I cannot open any .pps attachment from Outlook express. I have power point reader 2003 on my computer which open all the pps file but when i try to open .pps attachment from Outlook express it shows error message "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel." Any suggestions?

Re: Can't open pps attachments from Outlook Express

Turn on access to Internet Explorer from the Start menu and desktop, and then use the Run command to browse to the Web site that you want. To do this, follow these steps:
    • Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    • Double-click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Add/Remove Windows Components.
    • In the Components list, click to select the Internet Explorer check box, and then click Next.
    • Click Finish.
    • Click Start, and then click Run.
    • In the Open box, type the Web address of the Web site that you want to browse to, and then click OK.

Have you checked your security settings:Outlook Express > Tools > Options > Security Uncheck.The simplest thing to do is usually to reinstall the application that you expect to handle this type of file.

Go to the options in outlook express and in the security part, check if you set PPS to the blocked extensions list. If you able to save that pps file in to desktop then try to open that file by right click on pps file and Open with...">Choose program.In the Open with box, select Powerpoint from the list or browse to it if it's not listed.Check the box "Always use this program to open this type of file" and then click OK.After that, pps attachments should open normally with Powerpoint.

If pps attachment in outlook express is not opening then Go to the options in outlook express and in the security part, check if you set PPS to the blocked extensions list. If you able to save that pps file in to desktop then try to open that file by right click on pps file and Open with...">Choose program.In the Open with box, select Powerpoint from the list or browse to it if it's not listed.Check the box "Always use this program to open this type of file" and then click OK.After that, pps attachments should open normally with Power point.