Thread: Internet Explorer Download

Internet Explorer Download

I think my explorer is corrupted. I had a lot of virus in my system. After scanning my antivirus removed them all. But know my browser Internet Explorer is not working. Also the windows explorer is giving problem in opening. This can be due to virus. I want to ask from where I can download Internet Explorer 7. The trusted site. Also how to fix the explorer issue. Thanks.

Re: Internet Explorer Download

You can download Internet Explorer from the site of Microsoft. It is an official site and don't worry about the virus here. You can download IE 7 form here with no cost. Also there can be still virus in your system which causing your explorer to crash. I will here recommend you to first back up your data. If possible run a restore settings. But this can put the virus back to your system, so it is better to re-install windows.

It is better to repair windows to sort out the problem. Insert your windows bootable disc and restart your system. Select the CD rom as the first boot device in bios. Then windows disc will identify the old version of windows. It will prompt you to press R for repair and Esc to continue a fresh installation. Press R to repair windows. It will take some time but repair the corrupted file.
    Download Internet Explorer 8 RC1
    Download Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP

There is very simple solution to restore your browser back if corrupted due to virus or any bad installation. Windows Disc is required for this. Insert your windows disc. Then Go to Start Menu > Run > and type the below command :
    Code:
    rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 %windir%\Inf\ie.inf
    Then restart the system and remove the disc. After that launch your browser and click on Tools menu > option > advance tab > reset. In the Reset box click on reset.

Hi, this is Feran with the IE Outreach Team. You can download IE from the official Microsoft site. There is actually a newer version of Internet Explorer – IE8. It is a more stable, secure and reliable version. You can learn more about it as well as download it from the Microsoft site here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...?ocid=ie8_sm_a.

-Feran