Thread: IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller Drivers

IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller Drivers

Recently i had re-installed Windows Xp on my system. After rebooting my system, i found that my IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller drivers seems to be missing from my system.So,can any body tell me that where can i find IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller drivers for my system? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Would be grateful to you if any body provides me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller Drivers

The verification of the driver installation is different on a per operating system basis. Please refer to the correct operating system subsection for details.Try to download IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller drivers from the official website.

The Microsoft Windows XP operating system enables DMA by default on most of the ATA or ATAPI (IDE) devices. To ensure system stability, however, PIO mode will be selected for DMA-capable devices under some circumstances. This article explains the reasons for an ATA or ATAPI device to be in PIO mode on systems running Windows XP. For more information on it, you can check out the following link.

Hey you wiil get the driver for the IDE Controller on the disc of your motherboard. You need to just reinstall the driver on your system. After that just reboot your system. Thta's it and your job is done.