Thread: Missing spell check icon in Outlook 2002

Missing spell check icon in Outlook 2002

Just few days back i had reinstalled my Windows Xp on my system. The problem is that my Spell Check only works in Microsoft Word but it doesn't work in my Outlook Express 2002. Can any body tell me that why does Outlook 2002 doesn't show spell check icon in it? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution on the above issue.

Re: Missing spell check icon in Outlook 2002

Spellcheck is one of the great inventions of the computer world. If you don't know how to spell a word, you try spelling it the best you can then run spellcheck and it will correct it. Go to Outlook and click on tools, options, the send tab and uncheck "reply to messages in the format in which they were sent".

The problem is that to share the spell checker, OE needs to work through a dynamic link library file that may either be missing on your PC or may be in the wrong place. However, the spellcheck function in Outlook Express can sometimes come up missing. Outlook Express relies on the spell checker built into Microsoft Office products like Word or Works. If you do not have an MS Office product installed on your computer, then the spellcheck is missing.

Try to repair SpellCheck in XP Outlook Express. For that you need to open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof Delete the CSAPI3T1.DLL file if it is present. If it's missing just proceed to the next step. Then you need to insert the Windows XP CD and close the window that opens if AutoRun is enabled. Then you need to click on Start-->Run and in the Open: box type msconfig and click OK