Thread: how to put an iso image on a usb drive

how to put an iso image on a usb drive

I don't know much about computer but trying to learn many new things. Actually today i came across putting an ISO in USB pen drive. I repeat Actually I wanted to burn ISO image on the USB Drive. So my question is that Can I make a bootable USB Drive???

Re: how to put an iso image on a usb drive

Yes it can be done as you say, I am using the same I have done it in the following way :

Mount your ISO to a bootable drive image. For this example uses 1 drive D: drive as the image, and drive E: as the flash drive. This is the command that you used to create an exact copy of a disc on to another volume.

xcopy D:\*.* E: /s/e/f
    This can become for example copying Vista-dvd to an appropriate format the USB flash drive used to install of the DC of there. I have tested this at the work a couple time and it is installed in approximately the same quantity of time

If you have created an ISO file for the Bootable just go & extract all the file in to the USB Dirve. To extract the USB Drive you need to use a software like ISOBuster, PowerISO or MagicISO. this software will help you in extracting files from ISO image file. Then just make the USB port as bootable & Enjoy working on it....!

The nice & the easiest way to make USB flash drive bootable is burn the ISO on the USB Drive. I know your first Question will be how can we do that???? The newer version of Nero has this facility of burning the ISO on the USB Flash Drive....!

I tried a x64bit ios but failed. Is there any additional setps for x64bit ios?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mdronis@gmail.com View Post
    I tried a x64bit ios but failed. Is there any additional setps for x64bit ios?

Thank you.
    I dont understand your question properly? Are you saying that you tried to put x64bit ios by making it iso file on a usb drive and it failed? IOS is an operating system for apple's iphone or ipod I guess. So what exactly you are trying to do is unimaginable? In any case have you tried to update your USB drivers on your computer?

Sorry for typo. its should be iso not ios....
    My problem is : I wanted to put an iso of Windows 7 Ent x64 DVD in USB drive and tried to install windows7 OS but failed.

Thank you.