Thread: Blu ray player for Windows

Blu ray player for Windows

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. I would like to know that whether my Windows Media Player will able to support Blu-ray? Where would i get the media software in order to play blu ray movies on my Windows Xp? Can any body provide me the correct solution for the above issue? Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: Blu ray player for Windows

According to me, yes Blu-ray would definitely be able to support Windows Media player on your Windows Xp. It will surely play blu ray movies on your Windows Xp.

I think you can try out PowerDVD program, which is more advanced in DVD developing formats. PowerDVD is a stable, configurable, software DVD player that handles HD DVD playback smoothly on systems that that meet the (fairly high) system requirements. It works with Vista and Windows XP. It was the first commercially available HD/Blu-ray software DVD player. CyberLink has already issued patches to address minor bugs, and you can expect CyberLink to keep improving PowerDVD Ultra as new hardware.

PowerDVD 9 is simply the best video playback software for enjoying HD and Blu-ray movies. PowerDVD allows you to enjoy and remix movies as well as to store and organize your movie information. Get the widest selection of useful video formats including HD formats like AVCHD, AVCREC, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), MPEG-2 HD and WMV-HD. Transfer 8 channels of audio via HDMI 1.3 support. Also included is support for the popular Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD audio formats.

I'm searching for a decent BD player too and there is not much info on the net (mostly some forum questions like this one). I've found these blu-ray software player reviews and it seems currently there are 5 options for windows blu-ray playback with powerdvd 10 and tmt 5 being most recommended. Still, it's not an easy choice.
    Last edited by Kunal; 01-02-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: External Linking is not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Roughy View Post
    I'm searching for a decent BD player too and there is not much info on the net (mostly some forum questions like this one). I've found these blu-ray software player reviews and it seems currently there are 5 options for windows blu-ray playback with powerdvd 10 and tmt 5 being most recommended. Still, it's not an easy choice.
    Well I would agree to what you have mentioned above but you can go with the PowerDVD9 or CoreWinDVD instead. In addition to this if you want you can also give a try to Blu Ray Player 1.0. I do not know if there is any free or trial version available for the same but you can definitely give this a try. Also I would like to tell that it will be great if you can have PowerDVD 9 as I completely agree to JonathanD above.

Basically, you have 3 choices for Blu-Ray software: PowerDVD, WinDVD, or TMT. Nero 8 did play BD, but not anymore. None of these are free, and you really need to do some research as to which one will work best for you. I really like Arcsoft's TMT. WinDVD seems to be universally hated. PowerDVD falls somewhere in the middle.