Thread: What is vro file in a dvd

What is vro file in a dvd

I am having a panasonic dvd recorder in my system. Recently I had burn a movie file out of it. Then when I copied it in my laptop is showing an extension of .vro at the end of files. Normally all dvd's have a dat or mpeg type file which a popular and readable format. I worry weather these type of file will not work in certain players. What converters are available to a make multiple files out of it.

Re: What is vro file in a dvd

It is an popular type of dvd video recording format. It is readable and compatible with many formats. It basically used for video streaming in recording of dvd discs. It contains all the actual audio and video recording. It basically works with all ifo files. Then can be easily converted to vob files. You can search many tools on the net. VLC player reads vro files. Apple quicktime player and cyberlink can also be used.

I will recommend you to use VRO Converter. As the work is in the name. It is a simple vro converter which can convert the vro format into many. Like vro files can be converted to wmv, avi, mp4m ipod, mpeg, dvd, mov, mpg, asf, etc. I am giving you a link of free download by which you try this tool. It has a friendly gui which is quiet easy to use and understand. If you don't required you can simply remove it.
    VRO Converter

It is an supportable format. It is near to the dvd format called vob file. Don't worry it is not a new one. Maximum numbers of dvd's video came in vro file also. It is also enough comfortable to work with the IFO file which keeps the general information about the dvd. The best solution you can use cyberlink for this. If still you want to convert there are many freeware converters available on the internet.

.VRO files are created by DVD video recorders or camcorders with Mini-DVD disc using the DVD-VR format. The disc has a 'VR_MOVIE.VRO' file, containing the raw audio and video data for all video recordings. The recording metadata along with navigation data are stored in the 'VR_MANGR.IFO' file. A backup copy of this file (VR_MANGR.BUP) is presented as well. VRO Codecs: MPEG2, same as VOB but uncompressed raw video and audio. So in some cases you can treat the VRO files just like .VOB files, but in many cases you can not use, play or edit VRO file easily.

And the VRO Converter I am using is Aunsoft Video Converter. With the help of this program, I have converted my VRO files to other playable and editable video formats with best quality.

Hope my info is useful for you, guys.