Thread: Information on eac3to tool

Information on eac3to tool

I want to know something about eacto tool. As I heard it can be used to extract and convert many audio codecs and formats like hd, ac3, flac. Is it can also convert the audio and video formats in blue rays. Can do muxing with this doing for the true hd formats type of files. Here I want to encode the audio codec of multiple formats and remux them in the way I want. What applications and software do I will need to run eac3to in windows. Any suggestions really appreciated.

Re: Information on eac3to tool

It is enough capable to convert e-ac3, truehd, pcm and dts-hd audio tracks to dolby digital which the ac3 format. It can also convert them to dts and flac. It can extract ac3 frames from the blue ray ac3 audio tracks along with true hd. It can also remux the video format of evo or vob source to mkv. A command line available in the tool. It requires extra decoders as per use. You can utilize the most of it by using several filters. The audio decoders you can use with it is nero 7 for blue rays, sonic for dts encoding, arcsoft, etc.

You can try the gui version also instead of command line. It is quiet an easy to understand and use. But there are some limitations of eac3to. Like some decoders apply drc. In the case of ac3 sound you will need a drc support. If your application has an option to turn it off then you can work. Some decoders raise the volume of the track when not required. Also some decodes does not fully utilize the information available. Instead of that they will just extract and decode the core of the data which result you in less quality.

eac3to is an essential tool in decoding many type of hd audio tracks available. As today hd is the most popular format to get an high quality sound and video quality. The some of its which features which I like the most are that ut converts -AC3, TrueHD, PCM, DTS-HD and FLAC tracks to AC3/DTS/FLAC. You can remvoe dialog normalization from AC3, E-AC3, DTS and TrueHD tracks. eac3to can extract aco frames from the blue ray. It can apply positive or negative delay out of the audio. It can remap blue ray channels from blue ray lpcn order to normal. It can slowdown reverse pal speedup. Demux evo/vob from the beginning to end. Supports multiple hd formats. The best application is nero to work with it.