Thread: Excel error : "Not enough memory" on Mac

Excel error : "Not enough memory" on Mac

I have installed Microsoft Excel 2007 on my Mac machine. Whenever I try to add a new chart to a workbook or access the chart data source, I get the following error message:
    Not enough memory

Can anyone explain what is causing this error problem and suggest me how can I resolve this problem on my Mac system....
    thank you

Re: Excel error : "Not enough memory" on Mac

When you add more than 123 or 124 charts to a workbook, this problem is likely to occur. This is a limitation in Microsoft Excel. However, this problem can occur even when you add less than 124 charts, in which you use multiple fonts in worksheets in your workbook or if you use embedded charts.

Note that if the workbook contains charts that have been added in earlier versions of Microsoft Excel, the workbook may contain more than 124 charts.

To resolve this issue, try to turnoff an auto scale option for fonts in your charts.
    - Select the chart area.
    - On the Format menu, click Selected Chart Area.
    - Click the Font tab.
    - Click to clear the Auto scale check box.
    - Click OK.

you can also move some of the charts from your workbook into another workbook. remember the charts moved to another workbook remains linked to the data in the original workbook.

You can check by changing Calculations from Auto to Manual in the Excel Preferences whether it allows you to add data. However, this is possible only if you are using formulas and/or macros in the spreadsheet. This won't solve your problem, but it would tell you that there is an issue with the calculations, such as too many recursion levels.