Thread: Facebook issues while using Internet Explorer

Facebook issues while using Internet Explorer

I have been using mozilla firefox for a long time to access my account and still do at my home PC. I have moved out of town to my cousin's place for sometime. On the PC here, the only browser is Internet Explorer. Internet Settings here are locked and prevents any downloads and i cannot download Firefox. Also the internet that i use here is a dial-up connection. Internet Explorer has a not one but many issues while Facebook. All the websites are at problem, but i am just concerned with Facebook only. Can anyone help me out with this problem?

Re: Facebook issues while using Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer has issues with facebook and many other heavily loaded websites. It doesn't install flash player properly, will not let plug-ins to function properly and will cause itself. It is a bad web browser. Can you surf to http://www.mozilla.com website? If you can what happens when you click the download link? Does it give you any error or message? If yes do post

Whenever i click a download link, it won't display any message or any error, but simply it will show to a white page with the message "The page cannot be displayed." Any other alternative to access facebook? I don't want to use internet explorer to access facebook as it always shows me errors.

You can try this out if you don't want to get yourself more errors. Go to a local cyber cafe where a USB drive is allowed to be used. Download Firefox and some important plug-ings for the same like flash player, shockwave player. Then transfer these files to your usb drive, or you can burn them to a CD. Then use these softwares at your cousin's place. Have fun then..!! Facebook doesn't work well with internet explorer. The main reason is Facebook is a heavy site and internet explorer is a browser with many issues.