Thread: How to import mysql database into sharepoint

How to import mysql database into sharepoint

I have all my important data about my customer in MySQL database but at the other end records maintained by customer is in the sharepoint WSS and he wanted that when i will transfer or return back that data to him will be in the sharepoint wss 3.0 version and i have just heard that it is possible to convert the data from MySQL into Sharepoint but i never done that, i need suggestion if anyone done that before.

Re: How to import mysql database into sharepoint

you need to do changes to the 'Page Viewer Web Part' which only requires someone with Author permissions in WSS. And to make this changes you need not require a developer.DocKIT is a simple tool to import and migrate documents from multiple systems and sources PS: WSS 3.0 is the foundation for MOSS 2007. Anything you can do with MOSS 2007 can be done with WSS 3.0. MOSS 2007 is a highly specialized enterprise product built on top of WSS 3.0.You may download the add-in that, automatically or after your choice, and leaves a link in the e-mail instead, thereby allowing you to make better use of your intranet. You are correct WSS can only search itself. However, if you are displaying another page from the WIKI in the 'Page Viewer Web Part' my gut instinct is it would search it!

What method are you using to load the data from the MySQL database to the MS SQL database? You should be able to export that MySQL data into a flat file to be imported into shareware. Probably a little better than doing it with a MySQL dump, the admin makes sure the data can be imported correctly.

I'm using myODBC to connect to the mysql server through an ODBC connection and Data Transformation Services to import the data. And all these data I need to transfer from the sharepoint to mysql database.