Thread: Windows Installer loads every time I open Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint

Windows Installer loads every time I open Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint

Hello, I have Excel 2002 with Windows XP SP3. When I open Excel, a Windows Installer window appears with the message "preparing installation "then" please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Word 2002 " a message indicating the failure of the installation. All this while Word is installed for six years and works perfectly! When I click on the button "cancel" this window of fantasy, it disappears and Excel finally open and functioning normally. To save time I would prevent the opening of this installation process unnecessary. The problem is not in Microsoft Office, because Office software (Access, Power point, etc) normally open arise this window without installing Windows 3.1.

Where can find the error? It has appeared recently as Excel and Word working without this problem for six years. Perhaps as a result an update of Windows? Or deleting a registry key by my registry cleaner? Thank you in advance.

Re: Windows Installer loads every time I open Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint

Instead of using these registry cleaners ...

Before installing software:

A) Create a restore point
    Accessories / System Tools / System Restore

B) Installation + test the new application.

C) If after the fact, it was decided that the application does not fulfill its role
    - Uninstall the program via the Control Panel
    - Restoration of the system before installation.

D) In the registry is clean except that there is "certainly" DLL files that have remained on SD and occupy little space ... but surprises are usually less large.

Thank you for your answer.

I have use a cleaner for several years and which until now had never caused harm. I found it very useful (saves time perceptible) after uninstalling software became useless. This is the first time that I suspect (perhaps wrongly) to be the cause of a error in the file to open Excel. Even if this cleaner risks, it seems much less than if I venture myself without the required information to delete registry keys.

if you go on the some forum, that you speak of cleaner registry you will hear of all colors and rightly so. To save a few bytes microscopic, registry cleaners are often far more harm than good!

In your case, it is possible that this is it but it can also be a something that has installed a file to be replaced by another office, a micro or a crash that damaged a dll or other. Difficult to know that. You can uninstall and reinstall Office, but in this case, you have met side of your customizations and
    you do a good cleaning of the registry by hand, deleting the entries in relation with office (of course do backup of your registry database before!)