Thread: Hide CC / BCC in Outlook 2007

Hide CC / BCC in Outlook 2007

I am using Outlook 2007 & running Vista on my computer. I don't know what the problem is but facing a problem with it i opened CC & BCC in Outlook for email but now it always appear open for every email i wanted to do. Even though i don't want to use it. i now don't even get the option for hiding it. Can anyone Help Please....???

Re: Hide CC / BCC in Outlook 2007

What do CC & BCC Means...???

CC :
    CC is shorthand for Carbon copy. If you add a recipient's name to this box in an Outlook e-mail message, a copy of the message is sent to that recipient, and the recipient's name is visible to other recipients of the message.

BCC :
    BCC is shorthand for Blind carbon copy. If you add a recipient's name to this box in a mail message, a copy of the message is sent to that recipient, and the recipient's name is not visible to other recipients of the message. If the Bcc box isn't visible when you create a new message, you can add it.

To Show or Hide BCC or CC field in the Outlook 2007 Just go & click on BCC & CC to Show or Hide for it. Hope this was helpful....!

Try repair / reinstall for the same also remember don't forget to take back up for it. Repairing / reinstalling will give the solution for the same you required.

Quote Originally Posted by ThoMas321 View Post
    To Show or Hide BCC or CC field in the Outlook 2007 Just go & click on BCC & CC to Show or Hide for it. Hope this was helpful....!
    @Thomas321: This does not work. Clicking CC brings up a list of email addresses to choose from. Rt-clicking does nothing.
    What version of Outlook 2007 are you using that it works for you?

You just need to go in the to a outlook 2007 and the click on create new mail and then click on the option tab which is just above in the menu bar and then click on hide Bcc that’s it , I guess you missed the step on opening the a new e-mail and then choosing the options

Quote Originally Posted by sergioKomic View Post
    You just need to go in the to a outlook 2007 and the click on create new mail and then click on the option tab which is just above in the menu bar and then click on hide Bcc that’s it , I guess you missed the step on opening the a new e-mail and then choosing the options
    Hi sergioKomic. Thanks for your additional comments. However, that Option tab only allows one to show/hide "From" and "BCC" fields. Like the original poster Daniel Craig requested, I almost never use CC and want to know if one can hide the CC field (not BCC), in other words show only "To" and "Subject". I can then turn on CC or BCC on rare occasions when I need them. Thx.

I dont think that it is possible to hide the CC field in outlook. You use the BCC field. It means Blind Carbon Copy. You can only use the Bcc: field which hides the email recipients. If you use, for example, Outlook Express and leave CC and TO fields blank, then the TO field will show as 'undisclosed receipient'.

@Simond. Thx. It does not seem to be possible. Problem with Micro$oft products they use lots of screen real estate. If one has a small notebook/tablet screen, every cm counts.